Forest Lodge Library Showcases Area Authors
On Tuesday, Dec.1st at 6:30, the Forest Lodge Library invites you to a fun-filled evening with area authors, mystery writer Nicolas D. Charles and his seasonally appropriate Nick Verriet mysteries, and Dee Lindner, the Sock Monkey Lady©. Author presentations will commence at 6:30 and books will be available for purchase and signing.
Nicolas D. Charles has written two historical detective fiction novels, set in Depression-era Chicago; The 12 Days of Christmas: Chicago 1934 and Nick Verriet’s Christmas: Chicago 1935. Detective Nick Verriet has an uncanny ability to be in the wrong place at the right time and Charles has assembled his mad-cap adventures into story series that transpire within a day’s time-frame and each closes with a feel-good, holiday ending. Detective Nick Verriet metes out justice based on his unfaltering sense of fairness and concern for “the little guy.” Charles will talk about his writing inspiration: the pulp fiction era.
Who doesn’t love Sock Monkeys? Dee Lindner will explain the history of the Red-Heel Sock Monkey Tradition, will share letters received from Sock Monkey fans, and have an assortment of Sock Monkeys from her collection on hand. She’ll have copies of her latest book, Sew Cute and Collectible Sock Monkeys, which is jam-packed with her heart-warming photography and crafting tips, techniques, and sewing secrets to assist interested parties in crafting their own Sock Monkey or giving them a greater appreciation of Sock Monkeys they may already own. Sock Monkey novelty merchandise will also be available for purchase.
Cranberries Revealed - in review
We wrapped the evening by sampling and voting on items entered into a cranberry cooking contest. Redbery Books, our partner in this event, awarded first place winner Cynthia Daube with a Redbery gift card. There were many YUMMY entries...and many people marked more than one on their ballot because they just couldn't decide!
Fun at 90th Anniversary Event
Heather from the Brickhouse Cafe made us a lovely and delicious cake...
The Tech Tent and MAKERSPACE Tent were busy all day long.
Forest Lodge Library Turns 90!
Cable's Serenity Spot
90 Reasons to LOVE the Forest Lodge Library... What's Yours???
- Beautiful memories of my Grandmother, Mother, Daughters and Granddaughter over many years of loving the Forest Lodge Library.
- The helpful, friendly staff.
- The best reading and viewing material selection in the area.
- an extensive natural history collection with field guides to help you figure out what that bird, mammal, plant or insect is.
- I love the Forest Lodge Library because I get the honor of working with the staff and all of our kind patrons. It is truly a dream job.
- I love all the helpful people! I LOVE books!!!
- Because it was my first library and it is the cutest one.
- It's rustic charm.
- I love the Forest Lodge Library because it is a resource for the entire community-love those librarians who seem to know the answer to everything!
- I love the Forest Lodge Library because... It's a perfect resource for just about everything, from where to find a dress maker to formulas on the string theory. Any book I want in the whole world is available including text books for MIT open classes. There was a quote on the wall there about wanting to throw ones arms around librarians ankles and thank them profusely for their dedication and work. I feel that every time I go in. Happy Library Month.
- It has such a comforting look - but also great mysteries, new books, the magazines I like and craft books.
12. Convenient. Cozy. No long line for internet. Friendly.
13. Kristine chooses great DVDs and books. Rich history!
14. I love that I can get anything I want within a few days....and that I can volunteer!
15. I love how we recycle everything....even our mice.
There's something delicious at the library!
As an ongoing fundraiser...never mind a community service...the Forest Lodge Library is offering delicious chocolate meltaway candy bars from Seroogy's Chocolates in De Pere, WI. We've offered two yummy flavors for a couple of years: milk chocolate covered with milk chocolate and mocha, covered with dark chocolate. NEW IN SUMMER 2014...almond meltaways. Now there are three fabulous flavors to choose from! Discover the chocolate that denizens of the Green Bay area have cherished for years....mmmmmmmmmm....meltaways!
Forest Lodge Library13450 County Highway M
P O BOX 176
Cable, WI 54821
The Forest Lodge Library, a joint library of the Cable and Namakagon communities, is located two blocks east of State Highway 63 on County Highway M in the beautiful northwoods of Wisconsin.
Forest Lodge Library Mission Statement
The mission of the Forest Lodge Library is to enhance the quality of life for our community by providing open access to cultural, intellectual and informational resources and services that are delivered in a welcoming, convenient and responsive manner.
Who May Use the Library
The library will serve all individuals, groups and visitors of the Cable/Namakagon community and the library system area. Service will not be denied or abridged because of religious, racial, social, economic or political status; or because of mental, emotional or physical condition; age; or sexual orientation.