Blind Date with a Book!
Opening up a new book is like going out on a blind date – you never know what kind of experience you’re going to have. Don’t judge a book by its cover! Put your trust in fate and choose a book (audiobook, movie or whatever) without knowing the title. Maybe you will fall in love!
A Change of Plans
We're still very happy to try to help you out ANYtime you might be in the neighborhood and need some assistance...but...if you'd appreciate a sit-down session, we'd like the opportunity to make that happen!
Give us a call at 715-798-3189!
90 Reasons to LOVE the Forest Lodge Library!
`90 Reasons to LOVE the Forest Lodge Library:
1. Beautiful memories of my Grandmother, Mother, Daughters and Granddaughter over many years of loving the Forest Lodge Library.
2. The helpful, friendly staff.
3. The best reading and viewing material selection in the area.
4. an extensive natural history collection with field guides to help you figure out what that bird, mammal, plant or insect is.
5. I love the Forest Lodge Library because I get the honor of working with the staff and all of our kind patrons. It is truly a dream job.
6. I love all the helpful people! I LOVE books!!!
7. Because it was my first library and it is the cutest one.
8. It's rustic charm.
9. I love the Forest Lodge Library because it is a resource for the entire community-love those librarians who seem to know the answer to everything!
10. I love the Forest Lodge Library because... It's a perfect resource for just about everything, from where to find a dress maker to formulas on the string theory. Any book I want in the whole world is available including text books for MIT open classes. There was a quote on the wall there about wanting to throw ones arms around librarians ankles and thank them profusely for their dedication and work. I feel that every time I go in. Happy Library Month.
11. It has such a comforting look - but also great mysteries, new books, the magazines I like and craft books.
12. Convenient. Cozy. No long line for internet. Friendly.
13. Kristine chooses great DVDs and books. Rich history!
14. I love that I can get anything I want within a few days....and that I can volunteer!
15. I love how we recycle everything....even our mice.
16. A welcoming, friendly place with so many resources-- print, visual, and audio. Friendly, knowledgeable staff ready to help or just have a conversation with.
17. Just because it is so beautiful.
18. Because its cozy & reminds me of my childhood library in Marshfield.
19. Because Sue Menzel shared her passion on the gete-okosomin! Thnks for having her!
20. It's sooo GREAT. Everyone kind and helful even when you have crazy requests for books. Our book club savior!!
21. I LOVE this library so much. The people who work here are so helpful. And I can't wait to come back. (Your number 1 reader)
22. its always friendly and the people are always willing to help.
23. Its quaintness of the NORTHWOODS- cozy, warm & welcome feel- & helpful, friendly STAFF as well as seeing Theo, the great horned owl from the Cable Natural History Museum. What a treat!
24. They have so many good books.
25. If they don’t have a book here and you need it they will get the book for you.
26. They have so many good movies.
27. The warm comfy feeling that the log cabin architecture exudes.
28. The history and quaintness of the building and that, though small, I can obtain pretty much any book or other media I may need or want. I also love that the librarians know me and my kids by name.
29. Love the people, the cabin and we can get the newest books, magazines and DVDs easier than in the Twin Cities.
30. The staff!
31. It’s so cozy.
32. The staff is amazing and super helpful. Thank you for all you do!
33. It’s one of the reasons I look forward to visiting “up North.”
34. Too many to list! The big plants, the librarians, the BOOKS, the fireplace, the building, etc…..
35. Friendly and accommodating staff. Great community outreach. Homey atmosphere. Outdoor musical instruments.
36. I love the ambiance, the people, and they have everything or access to everything a big city library has.
37. Great staff, always willing to help. Love this special little place and getting books and movies and audiobooks here.
38. It’s location.
39. It’s a great place to hang out while my car is being worked on at Rocky’s Service. I love the audiobooks, especially. Helpful, great staff!
40. Love the range of new book selection- whoever orders books does a great job. Items are very current. –Stephen Sponsel
41. Cute as can be. Always friendly staff. Helpful. Peaceful.
42. A library with a rocking chair- you have a set of new standards. Congrats!
43. I love Kristine’s professionalism. It’s nice to be called when our order comes in. The library just makes me Happy, Happy, Happy! -Carole Hale
44. Katie Flowers!
45. Came in the back door for the first visit and fell in Love! -Patty
46. The beauty of the past & future. Mary M.
47. SO MANY MOVIES!! Claire
48. I love the library because I love the library. Ken
49. I love the physical look---it is so Beautiful---and all that is available inside. It is a huge gift. P.S. And wonderful Lois Nestle. Abett Icks
50. My reason is – to come in and read the BOTTOM LINE NEWS. I think this library is cool! Carla
51. They have all the books I need. (: Kennedy
52. The building inside and out. Sandy Mac
53. Who wouldn’t love a log cabin library? Beaver’s friend
54. Because The Library is awesome.
55. The librarians are helpful.
56. I like the way it smells! Not quite like a normal library – more woodsy?
57. The library is more than a repository of books: it is a cultural resource on many levels. It has the friendly ambiance of a friend’s living room, yet the resources commanded by a much larger institution. If the library doesn’t have on its shelves the book or other material you are looking for, they will order it from the Northern Waters system.
If you need access to a computer, they are available, with staff assistance if you aren’t familiar with their devices. Or you can bring your own laptop or tablet and make use of the Wi0Fi in an atmosphere conducive to pleasant thoughts.
Then there are the unique programs Christine (sic) arranges—informal lectures on wide-ranging topics, such as the recent one on gardening and planting that will also help the bees and birds. Or showing DVDs of notable and unusual movies in the evening, to which we may bring refreshments to share.
There is also a section with child-friendly furniture where young children can browse or attend special events that further their intellectual and social development.
It also helps one keep in touch with the best of what goes on in the community. Every visit is a pleasure, which is more than can be said of many places we may frequent. Pat Aldrich
58. Resources, community chats, fun, supporting the arts, giving people a chance to show off their talents, sharing, serenity, history, the lovely music I hear in the summer when people play the outside instruments, memories, friendship, caring, community education, senior support, that great tree...
59. I know that I will find a wealth of information and good fellowship at Forest Lodge!
60. Fun. The library is always fun.
61. Dogs to read to.
62. How great you all are to the kids. Kid friendly!
63. Customer service is huge in my book! You and your staff are amazing! I like how I can make a call my name is recognized I can request a video or a book and a short time later I get an email telling me my item is in! Thank you!
64. Wonderful historic log building! Great staff especially Kristine!
65. Someone who knows what you like and can make the most accurate suggestions for movies and books you will enjoy!
66. The feel of history there and the wonderful log cabin smell.
67. Essential oils diffusing to keep the air clean.
68. I too love the log cabin like look! I love to come in once in a while to read the news papers!
69. The people! The ambience! The selection! What's not to like! And the movie nights!
70. I love the close proximity to our home, and for the great loving help when you need it!
71. I love the great Perry Mason mysteries a certain librarian friend presented me with!!
72. The staff.
73. The ambiance. How many libraries are log with a fireplace?
74. The dinosaur books! Heaven knows we've read them all!!!
75. The lovely ladies!
76. Friendly and knowledgeable staff, great selection of magazines and DVDs, ability to use a printer and computers, meeting place for the Community Garden board... I think that's 6 reasons off the top of my head.
77. My favorite part of the town where my cabin has been for 27 years!! Great selection every time and everyone is always so kind!!
78. Wintertime meeting place for the Cable Community Farm board of directors meetings. Lots of access to books on farming!
79. Books! Love love love the book/magazines for sale in the front for my sanity! Need a read, there it is, soo handy! Not to mention the great staff willing to read to the kids! What a treat!
80. What is not to love!
81. Great book bags.
82. Love the feel while browsing. Also enjoy the books available to buy.
83. Where everybody knows your name.
84. My granddaughter loves to play in the kid's section.
85. I love the logs all around, the bush out front with pollinators in summer and fall, the dear people who work there, magazines that are always interesting, the beautiful table to sit at and read, the young woman who helps us with computer issues, the dog who comes to read with the kids... I just love the cable library. period!!
86. The musical instruments added outside.
87. You make my hour commute to work every day much more enjoyable with all the audio books you order for me!
88. The joy it brings to my friends when I bring them in to see the library.
89. All the great help I get when I need a good book to read!
90. Because it’s almost the same as when I was a little girl!
Fun at 90th Anniversary Event
Heather from the Brickhouse Cafe made us a lovely and delicious cake...
The Tech Tent and MAKERSPACE Tent were busy all day long.
Forest Lodge Library Turns 90!
Cable's Serenity Spot
There's something delicious at the library!
As an ongoing fundraiser...never mind a community service...the Forest Lodge Library is offering delicious chocolate meltaway candy bars from Seroogy's Chocolates in De Pere, WI. We've offered two yummy flavors for a couple of years: milk chocolate covered with milk chocolate and mocha, covered with dark chocolate. NEW IN SUMMER 2014...almond meltaways. Now there are three fabulous flavors to choose from! Discover the chocolate that denizens of the Green Bay area have cherished for years....mmmmmmmmmm....meltaways!
Forest Lodge Library13450 County Highway M
P O BOX 176
Cable, WI 54821
The Forest Lodge Library, a joint library of the Cable and Namakagon communities, is located two blocks east of State Highway 63 on County Highway M in the beautiful northwoods of Wisconsin.
Forest Lodge Library Mission Statement
The mission of the Forest Lodge Library is to enhance the quality of life for our community by providing open access to cultural, intellectual and informational resources and services that are delivered in a welcoming, convenient and responsive manner.
Who May Use the Library
The library will serve all individuals, groups and visitors of the Cable/Namakagon community and the library system area. Service will not be denied or abridged because of religious, racial, social, economic or political status; or because of mental, emotional or physical condition; age; or sexual orientation.