History

The Forest Lodge Library was built in 1925 by Mary Livingston Griggs to honor her mother, Mary Steele Livingston. The logs used to construct the building were logged off their family property at Forest Lodge on Lake Namakagon. The building was originally designed to be a Community Room, a ladies reading room and a public rest room.

The Forest Lodge Library became a public library in 1969. In the year 2000 the building was added to the State and National Registry of Historic Buildings.

The Forest Lodge Library became a joint library of the Cable and Namakagon communities in 2007.