In addition to maintaining a quality collection of fiction and non-fiction print titles, magazines and newspapers, reference materials, books on CD and DVDs, the Forest Lodge Library has three public access computers and offers wireless internet. A dedicated OPAC, or catalog computer is available to aid patron material searches.
Library staff is happy to assist patrons wishing to search for or reserve materials in our library and via inter-library loan.
A copier is available for patron use. Outgoing FAX service is currently available.
Other service responses identified by library policy are;
- provide guidance and assistance to patrons
- sponsor and implement programs which will appeal to children and adults
- cooperate with other community agencies, organizations and libraries within NWLS
- develop and provide servies to patrons with special needs
- provide service during hours that best meet the needs of the community
Copies are available for a requested donation of 15 cents each. Patrons may print from computer stations for the same cost. The copier and printer both have black ink, only, but color paper is available on request.
Outgoing FAX service is currently available for a requested donation of $1 per page. Sorry, no incoming FAX service!
Materials may be borrowed from anywhere within the Northern Waters Library Service system.
Check out our HOW-TO page to find out how-to!
Community Conversations are typically not scheduled in July or August to avoid conflict with the Cable Natural History Museum's Joe Jenkins lecture series.
My Favorite Films Series
Love movies? Library Director Kristine Lendved does! Check our home page and the site's calendar for information on the current month's offering an do let us know if you have any recommendations!
A MAKERSPACE event is an opportunity to learn a new craft or skill...at the library! The Forest Lodge Library has offered MAKERSPACE events on lefse-making, screen-printing, alternative painting techniques and fused glass basics. Visit this website regularly, ask to be added to the Forest Lodge Library's email event list...or follow us on Facebook to keep track of these offerings. While we appreciate knowing how many might attend, reservations are not required and there's no charge to participate...although, of course, donations are always welcome!
The Forest Lodge Library's Reference Service Policy
The Forest Lodge Library:
- Will endeavor to provide succinct answers to specific patron questions and guidance in locating materials relevant to patron query;
- Will assist patrons in the use of the Library and offer advice regarding research techniques, when appropriate, including searching the Merlin system and initiating web-based searches;
- Will provide bibliographic verification of items at patron request whether or not they are owned by the Forest Lodge Library and will assist patrons in obtaining materials through the interlibrary loan system, when appropriate or if requested to do so;
- May refer library users to other agencies and libraries in pursuit of needed information;
- Will make use of the Library's print resources and available databases and consult appropriate search engines in pursuit of information to satisfy patron requests. If necessary, a regional resource library or other agency may be contacted on patron's behalf to secure requested "ready reference" information;
- While every effort will be made to satisfy patron queries, library staff cannot be expected to analyze or offer judgement on information, offer advice or opinions on legal, medical or financial issues or fill out or file forms on patron behalf.